Best Known Super-Hero Is Hispanic
repo
2010-04-02 19:04:23 UTC
http://www.cultsirens.com/carter/carter.htm
photos

Birth Name
Linda Jean Cordova Carter

Released a solo album entitled 'Portrait' in May 1978.

Won the title of Miss World USA representing her home state of Arizona
in 1972.

Performed many of her own stunts on "Wonder Woman" (1975) including
hanging from a helicopter, to the nervousness of CBS, during the
second season episode "Anschluss '77".

Half Irish, half Mexican
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004812/bio
Steve from Colorado
2010-04-02 20:51:04 UTC
Post by repo
http://www.cultsirens.com/carter/carter.htm
photos
Birth Name
Linda Jean Cordova Carter
Released a solo album entitled 'Portrait' in May 1978.
Won the title of Miss World USA representing her home state of Arizona
in 1972.
Performed many of her own stunts on "Wonder Woman" (1975) including
hanging from a helicopter, to the nervousness of CBS, during the
second season episode "Anschluss '77".
Half Irish, half Mexicanhttp://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004812/bio
Was Flipper half Mexican too? How about Mr. Ed the talking horse?
Maybe Mr. Ed was the offspring of that show in Tijuana where Mexican
women do it with animals.
repo
2010-04-02 21:00:23 UTC
Post by repo
Released a solo album entitled 'Portrait' in May 1978.
Won the title of Miss World USA representing her home state of Arizona
in 1972.
Performed many of her own stunts on "Wonder Woman" (1975) including
hanging from a helicopter, to the nervousness of CBS, during the
second season episode "Anschluss '77".
Half Irish, half Mexican
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004812/bio
Was Flipper half Mexican too?  How about Mr. Ed the talking horse?
The Mexican Grey Wolf IS Mexico and they are about the most
majestic and intelligent animals one can find.
Maybe Mr. Ed was the offspring of that show in Tijuana where Mexican
women do it with animals.
Hmmm, detect a little jealousy...maybe? Can't say that
I blame you, Lynda Cordova Carter aka Wonder Woman
is one of the most beautiful women ever.

Samoa
2010-04-02 22:44:44 UTC
Post by repo
Linda Jean Cordova Carter
born to a white American father and Mexicans illegal woman. I don't
want to hear stories of recent Hispanick illegals whose ancestors
forced their way into the USA, desperate to be taken into Anglo
society. We want to hear about early trailblazers of USA who were
Hispanick.

http://ona.fi.umag.cl/~rcd/dobson/
David Dobson was born in Whittington, Lancashire England in 1856. His
parents were John Dobson and Elisabeth. He married Agnes Ann Dobson.
Before emigrating to Chile, David and Agnes lived in Kendal, Leven and
Colton Beck. According to the British census, in 1881 they were living
in Levens. He was a labourer in gunpowder works.
In November the 20th, 1895, David Dobson signed a contract with the
Chilean government in order to live and work in Chilo� for at least
six years with his wife and seven children. At the end of this
contract his family was granted 160 hectares of land in Huillinco,
Chilo� (Chile).

http://www.datasync.com/~woodward/marshall.htm
On Chile, John Mayo examines one of the most influential British
merchant and mining colonies in nineteenth-century Latin America and
its role in the close relationship between Chile and Great Britain.
The British were especially numerous in Valpara�so, but were also
found in other Chilean ports. Laurie Nock provides a fascinating
description of the British and their role in the wool industry in the
Chilean Patagonia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Williams_Rebolledo
Juan Williams Rebolledo (Curacav� 1825 - Santiago, June 24, 1910)
Chilean Rear-Admiral, organizer and Commander-in-Chief of the Chilean
navy at the beginning of the War of the Pacific.
Was the son of John Williams, a British navy officer, and of the
Chilean lady Micaela Rebolledo. His father came to Chile to serve in
its recently formed navy under the command of Lord Thomas Cochrane.
He joined the navy in 1844. After rising quite fast through the ranks,
in 1855 was appointed General Commandant of the Arsenals and Maritime
Governor of Atacama, then the northernmost province of Chile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Chilean
The British Chileans are people of British ancestry, in full or part,
who reside in Chile. The British have been very important in the
formation of the Chilean nation. They include Chileans of English,
Scottish and Welsh ancestry, the number of Scottish and Welsh are
higher in Patagonia and Magallanes regions, the highest percentage of
British Chileans are in Punta Arenas followed by Santiago, Valparaiso,
Concepcion, Vi�a del Mar and Antofagasta.
Chile, facing the Pacific Ocean, had a important British presence.[2]
Over 50,000 [3] British immigrants settled in Chile from 1840 to 1914,
an important number of them settled in Magallanes in Province,
especially the city of Punta Arenas when it flourished as a major
global seaport for ships crossing the Strait of Magellan from the
Atlantic to the Pacific ocean. Also, around 32,000 English settled in
Valpara�so, influencing the port city up to extent of making it
virtually a British colony during the last decades of the 19th Century
and the beginning of the 20th C.[4] However, the opening of Panama
Canal in 1914 and the First World War drove many of them off the City.

The English colony was also important in the northern zone of the
country during the saltpeter boom, in the ports of Iquique and
Pisagua. The King of Saltpeter, John Thomas North, was the principle
backer of nitrate mining. The British legacy was reflected in the
streets of the historic district of the city of Iquique, with the
foundation of various institutions, such as the Club H�pico (Racing
Club). Nevertheless, said presence came to an end with the saltpeter
crisis during the 1930s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punta_Arenas,_Chile
Punta Arenas is the main city in the Strait of Magellan and the
capital of the Regi�n de Magallanes y la Ant�rtica Chilena, Chile, and
depending on the definition of "city," makes a claim for the world's
southernmost city.
Located at 53�10'S 70�56'W on the Brunswick Peninsula, Punta Arenas is
the southernmost city of its size in the world; Ushuaia, Argentina is
more southerly, but well smaller. The site, which was identified in
early English navigational documents, was known as "Sandy Point." The
17th century explorer John Byron is sometimes given credit for the
naming. But it was not until much later than any sort of city was
settled by the Chilean government (1849). The name Punta Arenas grew
out of the Spanish term 'Punta Arenosa', which was a literal
translation of the English name 'Sandy Point'.
Samoa
2010-04-02 22:47:21 UTC
Post by Samoa
We want to hear about early trailblazers of USA who were
Hispanick.
from the book "Sugar is Made With Blood", by Robert Paquette,
copyright 1988
page 32
Edward Finlay, a Scottish doctor whose son would become Cuba's
greatest epidemiologist.

page 47
James Drake emigrated from England to Cuba in the 1790's, established
himself as a merchant and planter of consequence, and married into the
Nunez del Castillo family.......

page 187
Although ownership of Cuban plantations would remain largely in Cuban
hands until the twentieth century, by 1840 migrants from the United
States were prospecting for wealth there. About a thousand had settled
permanently in Cuba, the majority in Havana and on the fertile clays
of Matanzas and Cardenas provinces. Perhaps a thousand more filled the
demand for skilled laborers as artisans, machinists, and engineers in
the sugarmill complex. In the eastern end of Cuba, North Americans
supplied labor, capital, and expertise for mining copper and iron ore
and for constructing railroads.
Samoa
2010-04-02 22:50:07 UTC
Post by Samoa
We want to hear about early trailblazers of USA who were
Hispanick.
http://www.mayaparadise.com/ufc1e.htm
The history of banana growing in Central America is closely tied to
the history of politics in the same area from the 1880's through the
1970's.
The story begins in 1871 with the construction of a railroad in Costa
Rica by an industrious 23 year old from Brooklyn named Minor Keith.
He contracted with Cabrera to build a railroad between Guatemala City
and Puerto Barrios.
Keith also negotiated the contract to build telegraph lines from the
capital to Puerto Barrios.
The company certainly brought a great deal of economic development and
organization to a region that had very little of either. The United
Fruit Company paid its full-time employees better than any other,
built housing and schools for the children of its employees, built
hospitals and research laboratories. From early on the company
embarked on vigorous research projects to conquer tropical diseases
such as malaria and dengue fever. Their laboratories also worked very
hard to conquer the specialized diseases of the banana plant. In Costa
Rica, whole areas of bananas were wiped out by disease and the
laboratories of United Fruit developed specialized insecticides and
fungicides to halt the problem.
Hisler
Thank you for that fascinating history lesson.
repo
2010-04-03 13:32:40 UTC
Post by Samoa
Post by repo
Linda Jean Cordova Carter
born to a white American father and Mexicans illegal woman.
Lynda Jean Cordova Carter's mother is American
of Mexican ancestry.
Post by Samoa
I don't
want to hear stories of recent Hispanick illegals whose ancestors
forced their way into the USA, desperate to be taken into Anglo
society. We want to hear about early trailblazers of USA who were
Hispanick.
Lynda Cordova Carter aka Wonder Woman was a trailblazer,
she played a strong and yet was/is one of the worlds most
beautiful woman.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004812/bio
Samoa
2010-04-03 14:04:14 UTC
Lynda Cordova Carter aka Wonder Woman was a trailblazer......
Trailblazers would have made their name before 1899.
I don't want to hear stories of half Hispanick people who used
Affirmative Action to force their way to the top of USA society in the
last 40 years. We want to hear stories about Hispanicks who came to
the USA in the 1800's or before.
climber
2010-04-03 13:23:34 UTC
On Apr 2, 12:04 pm, repo <***@yahoo.com>

Having meet Ms. Carter several times while she lived in Washington,
DC, I am happy to
inform readers that she had no mestizo features. She is very tall,
very fair skinned. European
features, dark hair. Bet her mother was european-gened Mexican.

climber
repo
2010-04-03 13:42:34 UTC
Post by climber
Having meet Ms. Carter several times while she lived in Washington,
DC, I am happy to
inform readers that she had no mestizo features.
No one said she had 'mestizo features', that has nothing
to do with being 'mestiza'. One can be on the opposite
end of 'Mestizo' i.e not having much Indigenous blood, but
still having some.

Take myself for example; I have Aztec, Zuni AND Apache
in my ancestory and look of Swedish ancestry (so I am told
often).
Post by climber
She is very tall, very fair skinned.
So am I and have Aztec, Zuni and Apache in my background.
Post by climber
European features, dark hair.
So do I, however I have light hair, eyes, and I have
Aztec, Zuni AND Apache in my background, making me
climber
Red Cloud
2010-04-03 19:44:26 UTC
Post by climber
Bet her mother was european-gened Mexican.
climber
Your pride in Aztec or Zuni or Apache should move back to fight those
invade in
Mexico and native territory. Go back to Mexico or other Hispanic
territory and fight your Spanish master. Don't fight against White
Anglo. Your #1 enemy is your La Raza master not White Americans. You
have to fight your own blood master. They are enslaving native people
in Hispanic nations. Go back to Aztec and free native people.. Stop
barking at wrong tree....
Samoa
2010-04-03 21:11:21 UTC
Post by Red Cloud
Your pride in Aztec or Zuni or Apache should move back to fight those
invade in
Mexico �and native territory.
Mexicans have NO clue as to what native tribe they might belong to,
nor do they give a shit. repo is lying when he says he knows his
tribe. Native looking people in Latin America get insulted if you ask
them what tribe they are.
Post by Red Cloud
territory and fight �your Spanish master. �
Same thing I am thinking. It was Spaniards who enslaved the natives,
stole all their gold, wiped out every vestige of naitve scoiety and
left such people in abject poverty unable to care for themselves once
the criminal Spanish genes were spread. But curiously, these people
who claim to be "natives" of Mexico and Central America have nothing
but the utmost love for anyting to do with Spain, especially the
Spanish language and names.
What obviously happenned was the Spaniards, over time, were able to
fool the natives ino thinking that they were actually 100% Spaniard,
and just as a mother alwasy defends a wayward son, so too do Mexicnas
of native ancestry defend Spanairds to the utmost and ignore the
abuses they committed.
Post by Red Cloud
Don't fight against White
Anglo.
Ah, but the people of Latin America see themselves as 100% Spaniards,
and it was the Anglos who were the hated historic rivals of the former
Spanish empire.
Post by Red Cloud
the people of Latin America see themselevs as a new people, created in
1492. They have a new identity.
repo
2010-04-03 21:40:46 UTC
Post by Red Cloud
territory and fight your Spanish master.
Same thing I am thinking.  It was Spaniards who enslaved the natives,
stole all their gold, wiped out every vestige of naitve scoiety and
left such people in abject poverty unable to care for themselves once
the criminal Spanish genes were spread. But curiously, these people
who claim to be "natives" of Mexico and Central America have nothing
but the utmost love for anyting to do with Spain, especially the
Spanish language and names.
What obviously happenned was the Spaniards, over time, were able to
fool the natives ino thinking that they were actually 100% Spaniard,
and just as a mother alwasy defends a wayward son, so too do Mexicnas
of native ancestry defend Spanairds to the utmost and ignore the
abuses they committed.
Post by Red Cloud
Don't fight against White
Anglo.
What actually happened from 1492 to the present time;
is most of North/South America's Indigenous 1ST Americans (Indians)
were UNITED under the Spanish language and the Flag of Spain, HOWEVER,
What *IF*..........
there was no unification of the Hispanicized Indians, i.e. No Spain ??
I and other Hispanized Indians would not be here today, we would
be dead as most of the non Hispanicized Indians were, i.e. extinct by
the hands of those under the English. Today Mexico is mostly Indian as
are
most of other "Latino" nations including Hispanics with roots deep in
the USA.,
we are in the hundreds of millions. WE would be dead under the
English.

Hmmm, stands to reason, look what happen to others who had the bad
luck of
running into the English or those who side with the English were met
with atrocities; the Irish were murdered,
the Scots were murdered, the East Indians were murdered, etc, etc.

Well lookie here, a petition to take action against the English
and the atrocities throughout the ages against the innocent.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/697876789

A Hispaniced Indian is MUCH better than a dead one (under English
rule).
Samoa
2010-04-03 21:55:47 UTC
Post by repo
What *IF*..........
there was no unification of the Hispanicized Indians, i.e. No Spain ??
I and other Hispanized Indians would not be here today, we would
be dead as most of the non Hispanicized Indians were,....
oh really? How many Indians would I find in Porto Rico, the DR, Cuba,
Costa Rica and Arhentina?
Samoa
2010-04-03 22:05:06 UTC
Post by repo
Hmmm, stands to reason, look what happen to others who had the bad
luck of
running into the English or those who side with the English were met
with atrocities; the Irish were murdered,
the Scots were murdered, the East Indians were murdered, etc, etc.
let'see about that. There are 4 million Irish. 250 million Indonesians
(East Indies), 5 million Scots.
The English never even ruled the East Indies, Senyor. The Portuguese
and Dutch did, but never the British.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/aplatin_story.asp?category=1102&slug=Peru%20Massacre
Friday, June 3, 2005 � Last updated 8:34 p.m. PT
Peru judge orders arrest of 29 in massacre
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
LIMA, Peru -- A Peruvian judge ordered the arrest of 29 military
officials for their alleged involvement in the decades-old massacre of
dozens of campesinos in an Andean village, officials said Friday.
Judge Walter Castillo ordered the arrests in connection with the 1985
torture and killing of 72 villagers in Accomarca in the department of
Ayacucho, 250 miles southeast of Lima, according to the communique.
All the victims were Indian women, children and village elders. The
women were raped before being killed.

from the book "Inside Central America", by Clifford Krauss, copyright
1991.
GUATEMALA
page 21
During the last thirty-five years, as many as 200,000 people have been
killed here in Latin America's longest-running civil war, and most of
them have been Mayan Indians. The Indians supply the foot soldiers for
four small guerilla armies fighting Central America's toughest army
and most reactionary landed oligarchy, the Caucasian 2 percent of the
population that owns 70 percent of the land. Human rights
organizations monitoring Guatemala say that the country's many active
volcanoes, which smoke and spew bright orange lava, are depositories
for tortured bodies, many dropped alive into the craters by army
troops and death squads in the pay of the wealthy. The otherwise
exquisite rural valleys, sharply carved out of mountains terraced with
cornfields, are spoiled by the sight of scores of Indian villages left
abandoned following offensive sweeps by the army.
Samoa
2010-04-03 22:10:44 UTC
Post by repo
What *IF*..........
there was no unification of the Hispanicized Indians, i.e. No Spain ??
I and other Hispanized Indians would not be here today, we would
be dead as most of the non Hispanicized Indians were, i.e. extinct by
the hands of those under the English.
what bullshit. "natives" of Latin America go to ridiculously extreme
lenghts to protect the reputation of Spaniards:

from the book "NATIVE AMERICANS AND THE SPANISH", by Therese De
Angelis, copyright 1997
page 36
By 1514, only two decades after Columbus first arrived, the Arawak
population of Hispaniola had dropped from millions to 28,000; in
Borinquen, it had dropped from an estimated 300,000 to 4,000.
Forty years later, the Arawak were gone, decimated by disease,
murder, hunger, and slavery. Hispaniola was populated solely by the
Spanish, their European competitors (the French), and, not long after,
the hundreds of thousands of black Africans the Europeans would import
as slaves to replace the eradicated Indian labor force.

from the book "The Conquest of Paradise'" by Kirkpatrick Sale,
copyright 1990
page 153
While the Admiral was off exploring Cuba, the colonists, whom he had
ordered "to patrol the country and reduce it to the service of the
Catholic Sovereigns," had taken their role a little too ardently,
rampaging through the island worse than before, searching everywhere
for gold, begging or stealing food, kidnapping boys to serve as slaves
and women as concubines, beating and maiming at will, raping and
pillaging at ease.........
Hence, on his return, "the Admiral found the island in a pitiful
state, with most of the Christians committing innumerable outrages for
which they were mortally hated by the Indians, who refused to obey
them."
But the Governor's response, if perhaps typical, did not auger
well: he chose to punish the victim. On March 24, 1495, he assembled
two hundred soldiers in full armor (equipped with arquebuses,
crossbows, lances, pikes, swords, and twenty vicious dogs) and another
twenty mounted cavalry (whose horses, the likes of which the islands
had never seen, were often enough to send the Tainos flying in fear),
and marched out of Isabela to subdue the recalcitrant natives and tame
the countryside. In the valley of the Vega Real, about ten miles south
- a valley that Las Casas said the Spaniards had considered "some sort
of Paradise" the year before - the little army encountered a force
that Fernando solemnly gives as "more than one hundred thousand
Indians" (probably a tenfold exaggeration) and, having divided in two,
descended upon them with such ferocity that they "fled in all
directions." No pity now for the "gentile Tainos," who might just as
well have been Moors: the soldiers mowed down dozens with point-blank
volleys, loosed the dogs to rip open limbs and bellies, chased fleeing
Indians into the bush to skewer them on sword and pike.....
Forts were established in every major settlement across the island
- at least seven of them by 1500 - but it was the gallows that was the
real symbol of colonial rule: gallows, usually several of them, marked
every Spanish town, and before the decade was out no fewer than 340 of
them stretched across the Vega Real.
Then to force were added two other branches, so to speak, of
colonial government: tribute and slavery.
The tribute system, instituted by the Governor sometime in 1495, was
a simple and brutal way of fulfilling the Spanish lust for gold while
acknowledging the Spanish distaste for labor. Every Taino over the age
of fourteen had to supply the rulers with a hawk's bell full of gold
every three months; those who did were given a token to wear around
their necks as proof that they had made their payment; those who did
not were, as Fernando says discreetly, "punished" - by having their
hands cut off, as Las Casas says less discreetly, and left to bleed to
death.

page 156
Las Casas, who came out to Espanola in 1502 and was himself an
"encomendero" for eight years before taking his religious vows, is our
chief source for the descriptions of the almost unbelievable abuses
committed by his fellow colonists........
The Spaniards, Las Casas reports, "made bets as to who would slit a
man in two, or cut off his head at one blow; or they opened up his
bowels. They tore the babies from their mother's breast by their feet,
and dashed their heads against the rocks.......They spitted the bodies
of other babes, together with their mothers and all who were before
them, on their swords." For more formal retribution they would hang
chosen Tainos from a small gallows frame, "just high enough for their
feet to nearly touch the ground, and by thirteens, in honour and
reverence for our Redeemer and the twelve Apostles, they put wood
underneath and, with fire, they burned the Indians alive."

page 160
For a long time in this century it was assumed that the population of
the Caribbean islands in 1492 could not have been much more than
200,000 or 300,000, and estimates by Las Casas among others of "more
than a million" were discounted as the reckless exaggeration of
amateurs. In recent years, however, considerable scholarly interest
has been focused on the population issue, thorough searches of
contemporary records have been undertaken, and a more reliable county
has been arrived at.
In the case of Espanola, for example, by far the most populous of
the islands, we now know that in 1496 Bartolome Colon, acting while
his brother returned to Spain, authorized a headcount of Indian
adults, presumably in order to keep track of the tribute system, and
came up with a figure of some 1.1 million. Inasmuch as this did not
count children below fourteen, the aged, "kasekes", and some others -
estimated at perhaps another 40 percent of the population - and
covered only that half of the island in Spanish control, a more
accurate figure for the whole of Espanola would be something closer to
a little more than 3 million. Moreover, the Bartolome survey was taken
four years later the initial contact with European pathogens and two
years after the imposition of the debilitating European rule, so we
may assume that the population of 1492 was even larger than that. The
two leading researchers here, Sherburne Cook and Woodrow Borah of the
University of California at Berkeley, have calculated the rate of
population decline after 1496, extrapolated from that a curve going
back to 1492, and come up with an estimate of the original island
population at just under 8 million people.
That makes the next figures we have almost unbelievable. Spanish
surveys of Espanola taken in 1508, 1510, 1514, and 1518 all show the
rough same picture, of a population then under 100,000 and declining
precipitously. The most detailed census, the repartimiento of 1514,
listed just 22,000 adults (which Cook and Borah expand to 27,800 to
include those officially uncounted): from 8 million to 28,000 in just
over 20 years. That is more than decimation, it is a carnage of more
than 99 percent, something we must call closer to genocide, and within
a single generation. By 1542, according to Las Casas, who was there at
the time, only 200 Tainos remained on Espanola, probably the last of
that people anywhere in the islands. Within a decade or two of that,
they were extinct.

from "North American Exploration", by Michael Golay, copyright 2003
page 94
Thousands of Spanish settled on Hispaniola, conquering the
Indians.......
By this time, too, the Spanish, having killed off most of the Indians,
had imported thousands of African slaves.

from "The Cuban Story", by Herbert Matthews, copyright 1961
page 113
Negro slaves were imported to Cuba in the first half of the nineteenth
century, mainly to work on the sugar plantations. The aboriginal
Indians had died off or been killed off long before.

from the book "CONQUEST, Montezuma, Cortes, and the Fall of Old
Mexico", by Hugh Thomas, copyright 1993
page
67
The Indian population of Hispaniola, meantime, which may have been
over 100,000 in 1492, dropped to about 30,000. Traditional agriculture
had been based on the cultivation of the cassava and the sweet potato.
Those crops declined because of the demands of the conquerors for
precious metals. There was soon not enough food: indeed, not enough
for the conquerors. Many Tainos died of hunger. The execution, or
flight, of traditional rulers caused the survivors to abandon hope.
Many of those who died did so by being worked to death.

page 69
.....the native population did disappear. Perhaps 200,000 people died
in the four large Caribbean islands in a quarter of a century.

page 79
The native population of Cuba was meantime declining as fast as
that of Hispaniola. Only about fifteen settlers had more than a
hundred Indians........Amador de Lares had begun to bring in a few
black slaves from Africa to compensate for the shortage.

http://www.globalexchange.org/countries/americas/guatemala/history.html
Throughout the hemisphere war, disease and slavery wiped out nearly
90% of the Indigenous population within a century.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+ec0015)
The best estimates of the size of Ecuador's native population at the
time of the conquest range between 750,000 and 1 million. Diseases
imported by the Spanish, particularly smallpox and measles, virtually
wiped out the indigenous coastal population during the sixteenth
century and also decimated the Sierra population, although not as
thoroughly as in the Costa or many other areas of Latin America.

http://www.newday.com/guides/mango/19histguatemala.html
1501 - 1821
In 1501, the first Europeans arrive in Central America. Spanish
conquerors begin sweeping through the continent. Between 1524 and
1650, about 85% of the Mayan population is killed by the conquerors'
guns, swords and new diseases to which they have no resistance. Many
survivors are enslaved, but some manage to flee to the higher
mountains.

from the book "Everything You Need To Know About Latino History", by
Himilce Novas, copyright 1994.
page 69
Disease and overwork had reduced the native American population of
New Spain from 11 million or more in 1520 to a mere million. The
cattle and sheep the Spanish had imported to the Americas, in an
effort to develop ranching, drank all the irrigation water and left
the native American population unable to grow adequate food.

From the book "CONQUISTADORS", by Jean Descola, copyright 1957.
page 219
The Aztec Empire had become the empire of the dead. The earth was in
disorder as after an earthquake. Of the three hundred thousand
inhabitants of Mexico, only a few thousand had survived, and these
were in a terrible state.

From "CONQUISTADORS", by Jean Descola, copyright 1957.
page 354
When Columbus landed on Haiti, the island had a million inhabitants;
twenty years later there were only a thousand or two....

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+do0035)
The island's indigenous inhabitants were the Taino Indians (Arawaks)
group and a small settlement of Caribs around the Bah�a de Saman�.
These Indians, estimated to number perhaps 1 million at the time of
their initial contact with Europeans, had died off by the 1550s.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+mx00
Demographers estimate that the country's population at the time of the
Spanish conquest in the early 1500s was approximately 20 million. By
1600, however, barely 1 million remained--the result of deadly
European diseases and brutal treatment of the indigenous inhabitants
by the Spanish colonizers (see New Spain, ch. 1). At the onset of the
Mexican Revolution in 1910, Mexico's population stood at approximately
15 million persons. Not until 1940 did Mexico reach the population
level it had in 1519.

from the book "Great Conquerors of South and Central America", by A.
Hyatt Verrill, copyright 1929
page 9
So rapid and effective was the enslaving and extermination of the
Indians, that within 20 years after the discovery of the Antilles,
scarcely a single living free Indian existed upon the larger islands.
Red Cloud
2010-04-04 05:44:29 UTC
Post by repo
Post by Red Cloud
Don't fight against White
Anglo.
What actually happened from 1492 to the present time;
is most of North/South America's Indigenous 1ST Americans (Indians)
were UNITED under the Spanish language and the Flag of Spain, HOWEVER,
What *IF*..........
there was no unification of the Hispanicized Indians, i.e. No Spain ??
I and other Hispanized Indians would not be here today, we would
be dead as most of the non Hispanicized Indians were, i.e. extinct by
the hands of those under the English. Today Mexico is mostly Indian as
are
most of other "Latino" nations including Hispanics with roots deep in
the USA.,
we are in the hundreds of millions.  WE would be dead under the
English.
First Indian tribe in North America migrated from Siberia. They are
today Eskimo
and Inuit and became the forefather of the Plain America Indian. They
are called
today as "Siberian Indian" because they are ethnically Mongol-
Siberian.
Siberian don't look like anything Mexican or Mestizo at all. Their
ancestor are
Mongol-Siberian. They migrated to USA and they came the Plain
Indian....
Some migrated further south and became some member of Navajo tribe.
Now is there any Siberian Indian tribe speak Spanish? NOPE. They all
speak
mostly English or those in Canada speaking French.

Mexican indian are migrated from Latin America. Their face is similar
Mayan. They don't look anything North American Indian tribe or
Siberian Indian at all.

Your Indian in your fantasy are mostly dead under the Spanish
brutality.
Those remain 100% Indians don't resemble anything Hispanic. Some don't
speak
Spanish and they are the bottom of the social ladder in most Hispanic
nation.
Mayan Indian faces racial discrimination by White and Mestizo. They
have to learn to speak Spanish or face more discrimination...
Samoa
2010-04-04 06:08:11 UTC
Post by Red Cloud
Siberian don't look like anything Mexican or Mestizo at all.
I can easily distinguish a Mexican native from an Eskimo or even a USA
Indian, just as I can distinguish a Russian from a Spaniard or a
Korean from a Malaysian.
Samoa
2010-04-04 06:10:31 UTC
Mayan Indian faces racial discrimination by White and Mestizo. �They
have to learn to �speak Spanish or �face more discrimination.
not just natives of Mexico, but ALL indigenous peoples of Latin
America face major discrimination.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/americas/story/869925.html
01.23.09
Bolivia is South America's poorest country. About 60 percent of the
population lives on $2 a day or less. Bolivia has more Indians than
any other Latin American country as a percentage of its population.
Life began to change after the 1952 revolution, which gave indigenous
people in Bolivia many of their first rights. Until then, Indians had
to adopt European last names to gain university admission, had no
representation in Congress and were prohibited from speaking their
native tongues in school.
Even after 1952, Choquehuanca felt the sting of discrimination when he
traveled to La Paz. He'd board a bus and hear other passengers mutter,
``Ugh, an Indian. He smells.''
Choquehuanca raised seven children in an adobe home built with dried
mud and straw that lacked running water or electricity.
Today, Cota Cota Baja has both. Even more dramatic, Choquehuanca's
son, David, is the country's first indigenous foreign minister.
``We're recovering everything we had lost: our music, our language,
our cultural resources, `` David Choquehuanca said in an interview in
his office. He remembered how
Samoa
2010-04-04 06:13:16 UTC
and they are �the bottom of the social ladder in most Hispanic
nation.
Mayan Indian faces racial discrimination by White and Mestizo. �
http://www.miamiherald.com/915/story/163165.html
Jul. 06, 2007
Lima restaurant shut for discrimination
LIMA, Peru -- Human rights activists cheered a rare decision by a
Peruvian consumer protection agency Friday to close a popular
restaurant and impose a stiff fine for repeatedly turning away dark-
skinned people.
The upscale suburb of Miraflores complied with the agency's request to
close Cafe del Mar for 60 days. The restaurant also was fined $76,000
for its "discriminatory" entrance policy.
"This is monumental," said Wilfredo Ardito of the rights group
APRODEH, which has campaigned against Peru's deep economic and racial
segregation. "Before people would say that reporting (discrimination)
was of no use, but of course it is."
Three other Lima clubs have been fined for allegations of
discrimination, but this is the first time one has been shut,
according to Edwin Aldana, the agency's legal coordinator. "We
consider this a message" to other establishments to stop their
discriminatory practices, he told The Associated Press.
Peru's white elite has held onto wealth and power for centuries in the
capital despite the Andean nation having a large Indian and mestizo
majority. The government only began imposing fines for discriminatory
practices in 2004.

http://www.globalexchange.org/countries/americas/guatemala/history.html
Today the socio-economic structure in Guatemala is reminiscent of the
old South Africa, with the Mayans constituting the majority of the
population--some 80%--yet subjected to extreme racial discrimination
and repression. Stripped of both their lands and political
representation, they remain a virtual serf population. The villagers
suffer an 80% malnutrition level, 80% functional illiteracy level, and
the highest infant mortality rate in the hemisphere, second only to
people of Haiti. Meanwhile, the lighter skinned descendants of the
Conquistadors and other colonists live on large plantations and enjoy
great wealth and social prestige.

http://www.inn-california.com/Articles/history/
spanishcalifornia.html
Socially, the population of New Spain was stratified into four main
groupings. At the top of the social pyramid were the peninsulares:
European born Spaniards. Next were the criollos: Spaniards who had
been
born in New Spain. Next were the mestizos: people who had mixed
Spanish
and native parentage. At the bottom were the indigenous peoples.
repo
2010-04-04 14:27:20 UTC
Post by repo
Post by Red Cloud
[...]
Yes they do. My Eskimo/Inuit friends ALLways get mistaken
for Mexican when they visit Mexico or the southwestern USA.
Btw, Mexico is a favorite spot for snowbirds from Alaska, Canada and
the USA
where they get low cost eye glasses, dental and other medical.
You Betcha!
Your Indian in your fantasy are mostly dead under the Spanish
brutality.
Those remain 100% Indians don't resemble anything Hispanic.
The word "Hispanic" is not used to describe anyone racially,
and includes Mexicans who are mostly Indigenous 1ST Americans.
Some don't
speak
Spanish and they are  the bottom of the social ladder in most Hispanic
nation.
Mayan Indian faces racial discrimination by White and Mestizo.  They
have to learn to  speak Spanish or  face more discrimination...- Hide quoted text -
Samoa
2010-04-04 14:32:43 UTC
The word "Hispanick" is not used to describe anyone racially....
To be Hispanick means you have a significant amount of Spanish blood
in you.
Alberto Fujimori is Asian who was born and raised in a Hispanick
country.
The great Dominican baseballl players are Black.
Evo Morales is of the Indian race of people.
repo
2010-04-04 17:20:56 UTC
Post by Samoa
The word "Hispanick" is not used to describe anyone racially....
To be Hispanick means you have a significant amount of Spanish blood
in you.
Not true, many in my background have NO Spanish blood and
were called "Hispanic" (they were Hispanicized 1ST Americans aka
Indians).
Post by Samoa
Alberto Fujimori is Asian who was born and raised in a Hispanick
country.
Big DUH. That's what most Hispanics are, born and
raised in the Americas.
Post by Samoa
The great Dominican baseballl players are Black.
We Hispanics whether we are White, Black, Native American,
Asian, Mixed etc., usually do Not i.d. by color, but by Hispanic
(if we are in the USA). The race is usually obvious and
does not need to be said.
Hispanic's are for the most part 'Indian race of people'.
Samoa
2010-04-04 17:52:58 UTC
Big DUH. �That's what most Hispanicks are, born and
raised in the Americas.
Being HIspanick means you have a significant amount of Spanish blood
in you. Hispanick is a unique and distinct race of people. That's why
you hear witnesses to crimes describing the perpertrator as "looking
Hispanikc".
Hispanicks are for the most part 'Indian race of people'.
Indians are Indians, not Hispanick. Hispanick means you have a
significant amount of Spanish blood in you.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002905192_dige02m.html
Sunday, April 2, 2006
Police have released an image of the man who robbed the Bank of
America branch in Redmond on Friday.
Police describe the robber as stocky, Hispanic, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-9,
35 to 40 years old, with thick, short black hair and no facial hair.
Redmond police ask that anybody with information about the robbery
call their tip line at 425-556-2581.

http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/1998/june17/escondidorob617.html
The assailant, and a second man nearby, then ran off. The victim
reported that the man with the ski mask appeared to be Hispanic, about
18 years old, 5-feet-6-inches tall and of medium build. He wore a dark
shirt and pants. The second suspect also appeared to be Hispanic, the
victim says.
Red Cloud
2010-04-04 16:20:08 UTC
Post by repo
Post by Red Cloud
[...]
Those Mexicans are 1st Mexican , not 1st American. Why not proudly
saying that 0% non-Hispanic are 1st Mexicans? Are you so shamed of
using Mexicans?
What is so shameful being Mexican?

1st Mexican -----> 0% non-Hispanic Mexican
1st American ----> Siberian North American Indian
Samoa
2010-04-04 16:38:33 UTC
� Those Mexicans are �1st Mexican , �not 1st American.
Because Mexicans see themselves as 100% Spaniard, and the hated
historic rivals of the Spanish Empire were the British. Hispanicks see
the USA as an extension of the UK, and it is tremendously humiliating
for them to have to force their way into Anglolandia to be able to
live decent lives. Saying they are "American" makes them feel
humiliated, same thing with speaking English, it makes them feel
humiliated.
�1st American ----> Siberian North American Indian
But Hispanicks, even those of 100% native ancestry, will proudly claim
Spaniards were the first people to live in the Americs and that
Spanish was the firsat language spoken in the Americas.
Wes Groleau
2010-04-05 07:42:56 UTC
Post by repo
Yes they do. My Eskimo/Inuit friends ALLways get mistaken
for Mexican when they visit Mexico or the southwestern USA.
That doesn't mean much. I get mistaken for Mexican,
and I'm half French Canadian, one-quarter German/Prussian,
and one-quarter English/Irish
--
Wes Groleau

"Missing a train is only painful if you run after it!"
-- Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Red Cloud
2010-04-05 22:15:32 UTC
Yes they do.  My Eskimo/Inuit friends ALLways get mistaken
for Mexican when they visit Mexico or the southwestern USA.
What the hell you expect from Mexicans? Most Mexicans are backward
uncivilized
just can't different between Indian and Mestizo.
That doesn't mean much.  I get mistaken for Mexican,
and I'm half French Canadian, one-quarter German/Prussian,
and one-quarter English/Irish
Yeah when you are surrounded by growing and expanding Latino
population, unless you are Asian, black, Siberian-Indian, or pure-
white you are easily be seen as Latino.
repo
2010-04-06 03:35:10 UTC
Yes they do.  My Eskimo/Inuit friends ALLways get mistaken
for Mexican when they visit Mexico or the southwestern USA.
That doesn't mean much.  I get mistaken for Mexican,
and I'm half French Canadian,
Sure it "means much", it means that Indigenous people
in the Americas including (Alaska/Inuits) resemble one
another.

French are southern Europeans and many DO look
Mexican.
                                  -- Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Red Cloud
                                  -- Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Red Cloud
2010-04-06 04:46:25 UTC
Post by repo
Yes they do.  My Eskimo/Inuit friends ALLways get mistaken
for Mexican when they visit Mexico or the southwestern USA.
That doesn't mean much.  I get mistaken for Mexican,
and I'm half French Canadian,
Sure it "means much", it means that Indigenous people
in the Americas including (Alaska/Inuits) resemble one
another.
French are southern Europeans and many DO look
Mexican.
You are talking about Arab and Moorish in French. Mexican do
resemble
Arab and Moorish. Spanish has mixed blood with Arab and Moorish.
The real Spanish is actually pure white. Then Arab influenced in North
America
by bring islam to Spain and spread to Spanish. Then they went to
Mexico. That's why many Mexicans resemble Arab and Moorish.
                                  -- Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Samoa
2010-04-04 06:16:24 UTC
Post by repo
Hmmm, stands to reason, look what happen to others who had the bad
luck of
running into the English or those who side with the English were met
with atrocities......
That's funny, cuz I could have sworn every country the Anglos had a
big influence are doing great now: Hong Kong, Malaysia, Hawai'i (the
jewel of the Pacific), So. Africa, Australia, New Zealand, USA,
Canada, India....
It's the Spaniards who put the curse on every goddamend society they
either settled, forced their way into or influenced.
Red Cloud
2010-04-04 16:40:33 UTC
Post by Samoa
Post by repo
Hmmm, stands to reason, look what happen to others who had the bad
luck of
running into the English or those who side with the English were met
with atrocities......
That's funny, cuz I could have sworn every country the Anglos had a
big influence are doing great now: Hong Kong, Malaysia, Hawai'i (the
jewel of the Pacific), So. Africa, Australia, New Zealand, USA,
Canada, India....
It's the Spaniards who put the curse on every goddamend society they
either settled, forced their way into or influenced.
Spaniards curse on Philippine that caused Philippine the most
backward nation
in Asia. Both Singapore and Hong Kong colonized by Anglo became the
most
Westernized developed nation in Asia. Add South Korea succeed after
Japan.

See all those +20 Hispanic nations from Mexico down to Argentina have
failed compare to developed Asian nation and China growing like a
giant superpower.
China will toppled down future USA overpopulated by Third world
Hispanics....
Samoa
2010-04-04 16:45:38 UTC
�Spaniards curse on Philippine that caused Philippine the most
backward nation
in Asia. �Both Singapore and Hong Kong colonized by Anglo became the
most
Westernized developed nation in Asia.
And Hawai'i, Guam and New Zealand are the jewels of the entire Pacific
Ocean.
See all those +20 Hispanick nations from Mexico down to Argentina have
failed compare to developed Asian nation......
any society is only as good as its people, and Spain dumped all its
criminals onoto their colonies in the Americas. Which caused all the
disorder and chaos. But the native people in Latin America have the
most profound love for Spaniards, especially the Spanish language and
names.
China will toppled down future USA overpopulated by Third world
Hispanics....
Yes, in another 20 years. Hispanicks have put the curse on every
goddamend society they ever settled. And here they come, forcing
their way into the USA, dictating to the USA/Anglos what we need to do
to make us successful.
Samoa
2010-04-04 16:52:43 UTC
in Asia. �Both Singapore and Hong Kong colonized by Anglo became the
most
Westernized developed nation in Asia.
So Africa is the jewel of Africa. So too was Zimbabwe before the
Anglos were kicked out.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/060612/12zimbabwe.htm
6/12/06
When the territory then known as Rhodesia gained independence from
Britain in 1980, after a civil war that killed 30,000 people, Mugabe
essentially followed the economic policies he inherited from Ian
Smith's white minority-rule government--policies that produced solid
economic growth until the late 1990s even as most of the rest of
Africa was becoming poorer.
Samoa
2010-04-04 16:59:54 UTC
in Asia. Both Singapore and Hong Kong colonized by Anglo became the
most
Westernized developed nation in Asia.
Very true, but macho Hispanick pride cannot, and will not, accept the
British colonies being hugely successful while their colonies have
been abject failures. The British and Spanish being hated historic
rivals.

from the book "Terror of the Spanish Main", by Albert Marrin,
copyright 1999
page 17
The conquest of Jamaica gave Henry Morgan his big chance. Using
Jamaica as a base of operations, Morgan launched devastating raids
against Spanish possessions in the New World. Between 1668 and 1671,
he attacked key cities in Cuba and present-day Venezuela, then went on
to sack Panama City, the "treasure house" of the New World. These
raids went a long way toward weakening the Spanish Empire, the
greatest the world had seen since the days of ancient Rome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belize/History
In 1798, the United Kingdom and Spain went to war, and the Spanish
Governor-General of Yucatán sent a fleet of 32 ships to seize the
British settlements. From September 3 through September 10 a series of
battles was fought around the islands and reefs off the Belizian
coast, after which the Spanish forces withdrew. This is known as The
Battle of St. George's Caye, and is celebrated as a national holiday
each September 10.

http://www.roatanonline.com/moreroatan/history.htm
During the 13th and 14th centuries, Europeans discovered these
islands. For almost 200 years Spanish conquistadores and British
pirates battled for control of these islands, ignoring the Indians for
the most part.

http://www.san-andres.com/docs/index_eng.shtml
DISCOVERY
Many historians agree that the archipelago was discovered in 1629 by
English Puritans and Jamaican woodcutters and was then conquered by
the Spanish in the second half of the 17th century. For two hundred
years the English, Dutch, French and Spanish disputed ownership.
During that same period, the famous English pirate Henry Morgan used
San Andrés as his base of operations and, according to legend, as a
hideaway for his much acclaimed treasure.
HISTORY
Though all the islands did not develop in the same way, their history
is similar; discovered by the English but colonized by the Spanish,
they were military ruled for thirty-six years. For many years, Spain
and England fought for control of the islands

http://www.legends.dm.net/pirates/drake.html
Sir Francis Drake, navigator and privateer, is one of the greatest
English sea-captains of all time. Revered as a hero in the fight
against the Armada and despised as an upstart by the old nobility,
Drake epitomizes the self-made Elizabethan privateer, rapacious in the
hunt for treasure (especially Spanish treasure) but daring and
visionary in exploration.
Drake and his crew are remembered as the first Englishmen to
circumnavigate the globe, claiming a portion of California for
Elizabeth along the way. His attack on Cadiz and his devastating raids
on the Spanish Main earned him the fear and the grudging respect of
the Spaniards, who call him El Draque, "The Dragon".

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+pa0013)
Henry Morgan, a buccaneer who had held Portobelo for ransom in 1668,
returned to Panama with a stronger force at the end of 1670. On
January 29, 1671, Morgan appeared at Panama City. With 1,400 men he
defeated the garrison of 2,600 in pitched battle outside the city,
which he then looted. The officials and citizens fled, some to the
country and others to Peru, having loaded their ships with the most
important church and government funds and treasure. Panama City was
destroyed by fire, probably from blown up powder stores, although the
looters were blamed. After 4 weeks, Morgan left with 175 mule loads of
loot and 600 prisoners. Two years later, a new city was founded at the
location of the present-day capital and was heavily fortified.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+hn0019)
A major problem for Spanish rulers of Honduras was the activity of the
English along the northern Caribbean coast. These activities began in
the late sixteenth century and continued into the nineteenth century.
In the early years, Dutch as well as English corsairs (pirates)
attacked the Caribbean coast, but as time passed the threat came
almost exclusively from the English. In 1643 one English expedition
destroyed the town of Trujillo, the major port for Honduras, leaving
it virtually abandoned for over a century.
Destructive as they were, raiding expeditions were lesser problems
than other threats. Beginning in the seventeenth century, English
efforts to plant colonies along the Caribbean coast and in the Islas
de la Bah? threatened to cut Honduras off from the Caribbean and
raised the possibility of the loss of much of its territory. The
English effort on the Honduran coast was heavily dependent on the
support of groups known as the Sambo and the Miskito, racially mixed
peoples of native American and African ancestry who were usually more
than willing to attack Spanish settlements. British settlers were
interested largely in trading, lumbering, and producing pitch. During
the numerous eighteenth-century wars between Britain and Spain,
however, the British crown found any activity that challenged Spanish
hegemony on the Caribbean coast of Central America to be desirable.

1588
An English fleet defeated the Spanish Armada.
Rivalry between England and Spain finally led to war. Spain wished to
crush
England because England was Protestant and because English ships
raided Spanish
colonies and competed with Spanish settlers and traders. King Philip
II of
Spain built a huge fleet called the Armada to conquer England. But an
English
fleet led by Admiral Lord Howard of Effingham defeated the Armada in
1588.

http://www.discoverjamaica.com/gleaner/discover/geography/history1.htm
In 1655 on May 10, a body of English sailors and soldiers landed at
Passage
Fort, in Kingston harbour, and marched towards Spanish Town. They were
commanded by Admiral Penn and General Venables, who had been sent by
Oliver
Cromwell to capture the island of Hispaniola. Penn and Venables failed
to take
the city of Santo Domingo and sailed on to Jamaica. On May 11, the
Spaniards
surrendered. They were allowed a few days to leave the island.
In 1657 Don Cristobal Arnaldo de Ysassi led strong guerrilla forces in
the
interior. He had been appointed the last Spanish Governor of Jamaica.
Two
expeditions from Cuba came to the north coast to help him. General
Doyley
attacked both times by sailing around the island from Kingston. He
defeated
Ysassi near Ocho Rios in 1657 and at Rio Nuevo in 1658, the last named
being
the biggest battle ever fought in Jamaica. Ysassi continued to hold
out until
1660, when the defection of Maroon allies made his cause hopeless, and
he and
his followers escaped to Cuba in canoes.
In 1663 an expedition sailed from Jamaica to attack the Spanish town
of
Campeche, in Central America. After some misfortunes, this effort
succeeded,
and much booty and many ships were taken by the English.

A war with Spain, partly over British rights to trade with Spanish
colonies in
America, lasted from 1655 to 1659. The British won Jamaica from
Spain.

British forces fought France in the War of the Spanish Succession
(1701-1714)
to prevent the grandson of King Louis XIV of France from becoming king
of
Spain. Britain would not allow the Spanish Netherlands (now Belgium)
to fall
under French control. The allied armies, led by the Duke of
Marlborough,
defeated France. Under the peace treaty, signed at Utrecht in 1713,
Britain won
Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and the territory around Hudson Bay from
France, and
Gibraltar and the island of Minorca from Spain. Britain also gained
the
asiento, a monopoly on selling black slaves to Spanish colonies.

http://www.bartleby.com/65/je/Jenkinss.html
1739–41, struggle between England and Spain. It grew out of the
commercial
rivalry of the two powers and led to involvement in the larger War of
the
Austrian Succession. The incident that gave the name to the war
occurred in
1731 when, according to Robert Jenkins, master of the ship Rebecca, he
had his
ear cut off by Spanish coast guards. English smuggling and resentment
at
exclusion from the Spanish colonial trade caused the war, but
Jenkins's story
in the House of Commons (1738), reinforced by the showing of his
carefully
preserved ear, had a tremendous propaganda effect and forced the
reluctant Sir
Robert Walpole to declare war. The hostilities with Spain up to 1741
were
marked only by the naval engagements of Admiral Edward Vernon in the
West
Indies.

In 1739, a war between Britain and Spain became part of a general
European
struggle, the War of the Austrian Succession (1740-1748).

But in 1805, the British Admiral Horatio Nelson won a great victory
over the
French and Spanish fleets at Trafalgar, off the southern coast of
Spain.
His fleet outnumbered Nelson's, 33 ships to 27. But Nelson surprised
the enemy
by having his ships cut through the French battle line. The British
fleet did
not lose a ship in the battle, but it destroyed or captured over half
the
French and Spanish ships.

In 1833, a British fleet captured the Falkland Islands and expelled
the
Argentines who had begun to settle there in 1826.

In April 1982, Argentine troops invaded and occupied the Falklands.
The United
Kingdom then sent troops, ships, and planes. British and Argentine
forces
fought air, sea, and land battles for control of the islands. The
Argentine
forces surrendered to the United Kingdom in June 1982.
Samoa
2010-04-04 15:35:00 UTC
Post by repo
Hmmm, stands to reason, look what happen to others who had the bad
luck of
running into the English....
You got it backwards, but macho Hispanick pride will not allow you to
accept the truth. Read this:

from the “Wall Street Journal”, February 6 , 2010, in the article
“Haiti and the Voodoo Curse”, page A13:
The Dominican Republic, which Haiti ruled between 1822 and 1843,
has evolved as a more or less typical Latin American country with
political instability and slow development…..
Haiti has received far more development assistance than Benin, the
country in the Dahomey regime of West Africa whence came the slaves
the French imported into St. Domingue. And yet today Haiti’s and
Benin’s level of development are strikingly similar. The British
imported slaves into Barbados from the same Dahomey regime, but
Barbados remained a British colony until 1966, by which time the
descendants of the slaves had become back Englishmen. Today, Barbados
is a stable democracy on the verge of First World status.
Ramon F Herrera
2010-04-03 15:31:05 UTC
Post by repo
http://www.cultsirens.com/carter/carter.htm
photos
Birth Name
Linda Jean Cordova Carter
Released a solo album entitled 'Portrait' in May 1978.
Won the title of Miss World USA representing her home state of Arizona
in 1972.
Performed many of her own stunts on "Wonder Woman" (1975) including
hanging from a helicopter, to the nervousness of CBS, during the
second season episode "Anschluss '77".
Half Irish, half Mexicanhttp://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004812/bio
Among connoisseurs, it is well know that the character Batman is
nothing but a copycat of Zorro.

"Zorro became a key inspiration for the characters The Phantom, The
Lone Ranger, Batman, the Green Arrow, Doc Savage, and other non-
superpower-endowed"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorro

"Zorro was the original inspiration for Bob Cane’s Batman."

http://zorro23.tripod.com/copies.html

-Ramon
Prez Obbie is Proud Member of the US Chamber of Commerce (regular and
African American)
So quit calling him commie, will ya'?
repo
2010-04-03 20:48:19 UTC
Post by Ramon F Herrera
Among connoisseurs, it is well know that the character Batman is
nothing but a copycat of Zorro.
"Zorro became a key inspiration for the characters The Phantom, The
Lone Ranger, Batman, the Green Arrow, Doc Savage, and other non-
superpower-endowed"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorro
"Zorro was the original inspiration for Bob Cane’s Batman."
Nice job Herrera. The start of new api posts=Zorro
another Super Hero just happens to be Hispanic AND to boot

Post by Ramon F Herrera
http://zorro23.tripod.com/copies.html
-Ramon
Prez Obbie is Proud Member of the US Chamber of Commerce (regular and
African American)
So quit calling him commie, will ya'?- Hide quoted text -
Speeders & Drunk Drivers Kill Kids
Never heard of her.
Ramon F Herrera
2010-04-03 16:12:26 UTC
On Apr 3, 11:08 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers Kill Kids"
Post by Speeders & Drunk Drivers Kill Kids
Post by repo
http://www.cultsirens.com/carter/carter.htm
photos
Birth Name
Linda Jean Cordova Carter
Released a solo album entitled 'Portrait' in May 1978.
Won the title of Miss World USA representing her home state of Arizona
in 1972.
Performed many of her own stunts on "Wonder Woman" (1975) including
hanging from a helicopter, to the nervousness of CBS, during the
second season episode "Anschluss '77".
Half Irish, half Mexican
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004812/bio
Never heard of her.
Ah, not only ignorant, but proud of it!

A teabagger, aren't ya'?

-Ramon
Iconoclast
2010-04-03 17:09:12 UTC
Post by repo
http://www.cultsirens.com/carter/carter.htm
photos
Birth Name
Linda Jean Cordova Carter
Released a solo album entitled 'Portrait' in May 1978.
Won the title of Miss World USA representing her home state of Arizona
in 1972.
Performed many of her own stunts on "Wonder Woman" (1975) including
hanging from a helicopter, to the nervousness of CBS, during the
second season episode "Anschluss '77".
Half Irish, half Mexican
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004812/bio
 > Never heard of her.
Ah, not only ignorant, but proud of it!
Cultured, intelligent people were not watching the camp, lame,
children's television show of that era and were probably instead
reading books, going to plays or concert halls for entertainment and
enlightenment. If they watched television at all, there were far more
culturally sophisticated offerings to that offered by Wonder Woman.
To claim that someone who never "heard of" some trashy television show
is ignorant is about the most ignorant comment I've ever read.
Post by Ramon F Herrera
A teabagger, aren't ya'?
-Ramon- Hide quoted text -
Wes Groleau
2010-04-03 17:31:36 UTC
Post by Iconoclast
To claim that someone who never "heard of" some trashy television show
is ignorant is about the most ignorant comment I've ever read.
True. But with the availability of www.google.com, books.google.com,
scholar.google.com, and a zillion other non-Google research tools,
is it OK to look askance at someone who feels obligated to drop into a
Usenet thread merely to announce that he/she never heard of something
being discussed?
--
Wes Groleau

Change is inevitable. We need to learn that "inevitable" is
neither a synonym for "good" nor for "bad."
-- WWG
repo
2010-04-04 17:11:20 UTC
Post by repo
http://www.cultsirens.com/carter/carter.htm
photos
Birth Name
Linda Jean Cordova Carter
Released a solo album entitled 'Portrait' in May 1978.
Won the title of Miss World USA representing her home state of Arizona
in 1972.
Performed many of her own stunts on "Wonder Woman" (1975) including
hanging from a helicopter, to the nervousness of CBS, during the
second season episode "Anschluss '77".
Half Irish, half Mexicanhttp://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004812/bio
Wrong!
Wonder Woman was NOT the best known 'super hero'.
Lynda Jean CORDOVA Carter aka Wonder Woman
is the best known woman super hero and further
she is Hispanic.
Superman or Batman probably were and are.
Both Superman and Batman were inspired by
ZORRO (Hispanic).

Samoa
2010-04-04 17:49:15 UTC
Post by repo
Both Superman and Batman were inspired by
ZORRO (Hispanick).
And you rpoint is what? That the USA then must adopt Spanish as our
language?
Who gave Spanish Latin America baseball, soccer, television, the
automobile, electricity, cameras, recording, steel, etc?